Friday, February 19, 2010

A First Look at New Zealand

After a great 13 hour flight on a huge New Zealand Airlines 747 plane I found that I was quite tired. I got picked up at Auckland airport and drove about 10 minutes to Kings Kids around 9 o'clock a.m. NZ time. Kings Kids is where I will be staying untill Saturday evening where we will be taking the 2 hour drive up to the base in Matamata. I was the 3rd student to arrive and about 8 have come since. We are expecting 15 students in our whole DTS. Mostly all of Thursday I slept and relaxed and talked with the other DTS students. I woke up today (Friday) and made some breakfast and talked with the leaders and some students. At about 12 o'clock me and 3 other girls had a great time of worship just playing random songs. It was a great start to this "school of worship." Around 3 we left for Auckland City. In the city we walked around and went in different local shops, it was quite fun. We ate at a Japanese resturant and just sat and talked until we had to leave again to return to Kings Kids. I am heading to bed now and looking forward to finally settle in at our base in Matamata.

p.s. I love the weather here. Today it was quite windy but sunny. Very beautiful and green!

Your prayers are much appreciated.
- Matthew

5 comments:

  1. Matthew . . . sounds like you are off to a great start. Continue to allow God to do all that he wants to do in your life during this special season of your life! - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew, Grandpa and I can just picture where you are. We have pleasant memories of being there in that beautiful country. You can count on our prayers as you start on this new journey. We love you, Grandpa and Grandma Burkhart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing matthew!! i can't wait to hear more as you continue to get adjusted and settled in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. miss you!!! i went to text you something funny today and remembered i couldn't :(

    i hope you're having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY BRO!!!! I am so stoked for you! What an awesome adventure!
    Ill be honest... im vary jealous! Do you know what cabin you are staying in? Who are the staff that would know me there? And 2 Last things... Tell Tupu and juliet B and I say hello and... Get a possum for me!

    ReplyDelete